Download a pdf copy of my resume here.
Innovative: Skilled project manager with proven ability to create, implement, and manage communication vehicles and processes involving multiple stakeholders. Flexible: Data-driven and fluent in video, print, social, and digital media strategies. Experienced: Ten years of progressive responsibility as a communications and development professional for Minnesota-based nonprofits.
SKILLS and PROFICIENCIES
Adobe Creative Suite
Microsoft Office Suite
CRM: Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge
CMS: WordPress, Drupal
Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA)
Director of Communications and Development (January 2017 – present)
Marketing and Communications Manager (July 2014-January 2017)
Progressive responsibility with a national 25-member consortium of colleges and universities.
- Responsible for the creation of all strategic content: public statements, video scripts, web content, e-newsletters, press releases, marketing copy, reports, fundraising appeals.
- Designed and implemented a social media strategy for HECUA programs in the US and abroad, resulting in a 154% increase in social media referrals to the HECUA website.
- Trained and supervised social media manager and social media correspondents.
- Developed a blogging program and platform for HECUA students and staff, managing an editorial calendar of up to 35 paid and volunteer bloggers each quarter.
- Managed the production of an annual 26-page promotional magazine, negotiating with the designer to reduce projected costs by 20 percent.
- Oversaw the redesign and migration of a 500+ page Drupal-based website to WordPress CMS. Managed the creation of a CRM-integrated web application portal for student applications.
- Secured a Google AdGrants account, ensuring $10,000/month in promotional funding for HECUA Google AdWords campaigns.
- Managed the production of promotional videos.
- Chair of the Anti-Racism Coordinating Committee.
- Lead Organizer for 2018 Biennual All-Staff Retreat
In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre
Communications and Development Manager (May 2013 – July 2014)
Marketing Manager (July 2012 – May 2013)
- Oversaw creation of all promotional material, including postcards, flyers, e-newsletters, press releases, and social media content, as well as annual fundraising appeals.
- Supervised the creation of an 18-page annual newsletter. Collected and edited written and illustrated contributions from 6-10 contract employees.
- Hired contract photographers and videographers as necessary.
- Managed and updated website using WordPress platform.
- Supervised Communications interns.
- Coordinated all promotional efforts for the MayDay Parade, an annual event in South Minneapolis that draws crowds of over 50,000 to Powderhorn Park.
- Wrote and designed case statements for major gifts fundraising.
First Unitarian Society
Membership and Outreach Director (August 2011 – September 2012)
- Advocated for the creation of a dedicated marketing budget within the organization.
- Designed and implemented a marketing plan.
- Maintained the website and social media presence, designed all in-house programming promotional materials.
- Coordinated and staffed the outreach committee.
Wisdom Ways Center for Spirituality
Communications Specialist (July 2010 – January 2011)
- Served as graphic designer for the annual promotional catalog.
- Created a social media platform to raise visibility of programming and engage a new audience.
- Assisted with the transfer of the Wisdom Ways video archive to Youtube.
- Maintained digital presence and updated promotional materials as necessary.
St. Joseph Worker Program
Communications Associate (August 2009 – August 2010)
- Designed, wrote, and launched a full promotional package (website, brochure, flyer, and fundraising letter) for the Duffel Bag Project, an ex-offender re-entry initiative.
- Maintained Justice Office digital presence, blog, and print materials.
Shramajeevi Sanghatna Manual Laborers’ Union
English Teacher, Public Relations Assistant (May 2008 – August 2008)
- Reported on political protests and advocacy for the national Unitarian Universalist Association blog.
- Initiated a program for workplace English skills for union office staff.
Board Member (January 2017 – present)
Board member and development committee chair at Exodus Lending, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Minnesotans escape the payday loan debt trap.
Prepare + Prosper
Volunteer Tax Preparer (June 2016 – present)
IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer with Minnesota nonprofit Prepare + Prosper.
Founding Member (December 2017 – present)
Collective dedicated to creating events that explore the intersection of ethics and personal finance.
B.A. University of Wisconsin – Madison, Religious Studies.